US University Admissions Workshop, Jakarta Everything you need to know about US university admissions
dates/times | for whom | format | overview | registration & payment | the experts
Dates & Times:
•10 March, 2018, 9 am – 5 pm
• Enrollment will be limited.
• All materials will be provided. Students will be expected to complete specific homework assignments on the day of the workshop
• Students in next-to-final year of high school (Gr 11 / Year 12 / JC 1)
• In exceptional cases, other grades will be permitted to attend.
• This is for students from any secondary school curriculum who are interested in applying to the US for university.
Students must bring their own lunch
Format: Information will be given through powerpoint, discussions, simulations, and other student interactions.
Overview of the Workshop:
Our focus will be US admissions, yet we are qualified and able to discuss other country applications where and when applicable, and if time permits.
• Admissions - How admissions works and what universities look for to accept students.
• Universities - The different kinds of universities and how they are different from each other
• Scholarships – How it works, and how to find universities that might offer you one.
• The Search - How to find universities that will suit you and where you can thrive
• Applications - How to approach and complete applications, including the Common Application
• Activities - How your interests and activities can help your chances of admission
• Application Essays - How to write effective application essays
• Timeline - What you need to do at every step, from now through the submission of applications
• Resource Folder - You will leave with a folder of resources to help you through every step of your process
to enroll: The cost for each student is Rp 5 Million. Registration and payment must be done in advance through direct payment to sis (below). Deadline for registration is 2 march, 2018 unless programme fills prior.
Bank Name : BNI
Account Number : 000 5324566
Account Name : Yayasan Pendidikan Asian Pasific
SWIFT Code : BNINIDJA
Payment confirmation : Faisal Nursalim (021-7591 4414) or email@example.com
About your experts:
• Former director of University Advising at International School of Stavanger, International School of Prague, Jakarta Intercultural School.
• Professional member of International Association for College Admissions Counseling (IACAC), Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA), National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC)
• Certified Educational Planner (CEP)
• Western Michigan University (BS), Central Michigan University (MA)
• Provided university advising for more than 700 international and American students, including more than 300 Indonesian students.
• Has visited approximately 130 US university campuses
•Attends annual conferences with US admissions officers to get first-hand information on admissions practices and trends for international students
• Author, “The International Family Guide to US University Admissions”, Wiley & Sons, 2017
• Member of International ACAC (International Association of College Admissions Counselors) and Professional Member of IECA (Independent Educational Consultants Association)
• Member, Global Committee, IECA, 2017-2019
• Former Lead Recruiter, Undergraduate Admissions, Southeast Asia & India (Bentley University, USA)
• Former Director of Education Abroad (Bentley University, USA)
• Former Managing Director, MBA (IE Business School, Spain)
• Former Director of International Advancement (Bentley University, USA)
• Former Teacher of AP Biology, coach and dorm-parent (The Gunnery School, USA)
• Former developmental editor of high school and college textbooks (Heinle & Heinle; HRW)
• Appointed to Global Business Advisory Council advising Dean of Business 2014-2016, Bentley University, USA
• External Reviewer 2016, NACAC Guide to International University Admission
• Boston College (BS, Biology; BA, Spanish; pre-medical concentration)
• Middlebury College (Masters of Arts, Spanish Language & Literature)
• Admitted and attended: Harvard Graduate School of Arts & Sciences